At St Joseph’s, we recognise the importance of Science in every aspect of daily life. Through our broad and balanced programme of study, pupils will be given the opportunity to; develop their understanding of the world around them, expand their natural curiosity, foster respect for living organisms and the physical environment and critically evaluate scientific evidence.
In conjunction with the aims of the National Curriculum, our Science teaching offers opportunities for children to:
· Develop enjoyment and enthusiasm for science through exciting, practical, first-hand learning and to experiment, explore and investigate their ideas and questions.
· Develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
· Become skilled scientists by developing their problem solving and reasoning skills so that they can apply their scientific thinking across the curriculum.
· Use their increasing knowledge, skills and understanding of science to investigate, ask questions and solve challenging problems.
· Be confident in their understanding and application of their basic skills in science in order to build upon their prior learning at every stage.
· Bring science to life and make it real so that they understand the importance of science in the world and in their everyday day lives.
'Great are the works of the Lord. They studied by all who delight in them.'Psalm 111:2
Mad Science Day November 2019
Useful Links for Science:
Create your own home or school experiments with Science Bob!
BBC Science Links for 4-11yr olds
Fun Interactive Science Games and Investigations
Science Games and Activities for Kids
Science Museum –Interactive Games and Information